Quizmasters Lee & Marc share their favorite questions of the week from their respective trivia nights, with topics including WORLD RECORDS, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS, WINE, CRYPTOZOOLOGY, FAMOUS INVENTIONS, WORLD HISTORY, BUSINESS, LANGUAGE and more!
- WORLD RECORDS – The hottest temperature ever recorded on Earth was 136 degrees Fahrenheit in El Azizia, which is located in which North African country?
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS – What kind of tuba is named after a famous American military march composer?
- WORLD RECORDS – Vesna Vulović was a Serbian flight attendant who holds the Guiness world record for what?
- WINE – Named for an ancient king of Babylon, what size wine bottle will hold up to twenty standard 750ml bottles of wine?
- NBA – What Boston Celtics player was known by the nickname “The Chief”?
- FAMOUS INVENTIONS – In 1954, Robert Frank Borkenstein registered a trademark for what invention with a portmanteau name?
- CRYPTOZOOLOGY – What is the nickname of the 7-8 ft. tall apeman cryptid, first reported in Missouri in 1971, that is believed to have a large, pumpkin shaped head, a body covered in dark fur, and a stinky defense mechanism used to ward off any would-be attackers?
- “Canned tuna is actually albacore tuna, the Dolphin fish is what we would recognize as the fish served under the name “Mahi Mahi”.” – Abbey
- POP CULTURE – Comedian Joan Rivers died in what year?
- WORLD WAR II – To the surprise of then-General Eisenhauer, what weapon, nicknamed after a novelty musical instrument of the era, was initially issued to U.S. soldiers in World War II with no training whatsoever?
- AIRPORTS – McCarran International Airport is located in which city?
- ADULT ANIMATION – What 1971 animated film was the first to receive an X rating, directed by Ralph Bakshi and based on and named for a series of classic comics by influential independent cartoonist Robert Crumb?
- INDIE FILMS – Who directed the classic documentary Crumb, about influential independent cartoonist Robert Crumb?
- BUSINESS – Prior to being broken-up for a Monopoly, what company controlled 80-85% of rough diamond distribution?
- LANGUAGE – What word, known for being a defining characteristic of Danish culture, is used to describe an attitude towards life that emphasizes mindfulness, comfort and coziness, togetherness and finding joy in everyday life?
- U.S. HISTORY – Terry Nichols was the co-conspirator of what major crime in the 1990’s?
Rate My Question
- “A standard human neck has seven cervical vertebrae. How many does a giraffe have?” – Proverbial Lightkeeper Dylan
- VEGETABLES – Closely related to garlic and onions, what vegetable is one of the national emblems of Wales, after, according to legend, King Cadwaladr of Gwynedd ordered his soldiers to identify themselves by wearing the vegetable on their helmets in an ancient battle against the Saxons?
- 60’s MUSIC – Who sang the song “It’s My Party?”
Weekly Wrap Up
- September 9th, 2019 @ Palace – Moistimus Prime – 106 pts.
- September 10th, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Charlies – 101 pts.
- September 11th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Pootie Tang – 112 pts.
- September 12th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Beers Bar – As You Wish – 90 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 16th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include BASEBALL, THE ROSWELL INCIDENT, SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS, PORN CULTURE, THE TOUR DE FRANCE & more. Final question category will be DISNEY PARKS selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘Single Riders’.
- September 17th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include DOGS, NFL, BOATING & SAILING, SPANISH LANGUAGE, GEOGRAPHY, ASTROLOGY and more. Final wager question category will be QUIZMASTER’S CHOICE.
- September 18th, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. Categories for the quiz will include AMERICAN LITERATURE, GHOSTBUSTERS, LOONEY TUNES, FLATULENCE, YONIC IMAGERY, U.S. CIVIL WAR and more. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be ROCKY BALBOA MOVIES selected by ‘Whiskey Business.’
- September 19th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include 80’s MOVIES AND MUSIC, REAL ESTATE, DEATH METAL, CARS, RICK & MORTY, THE OFFICE and more. The final category that evening will be THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND selected by ‘Janis’s Droplings.’
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachel, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Treehouse Sessions ATX – YouTube — This Austin, TX live music channel wrote us to tell us they are fans of the show (but not our accents)
- A stock rejection letter sent to Women by Walt Disney Productions in 1938