Quizmasters Lee and Marc return for their weekly set of trivia questions, with fascinating facts from the worlds of art, literature, current events, sports and more. Also some big Know Nonsense Trivia event announcements!
In this episode, questions asked include:
- Monet and Renoir are both painters famous for which style?
- “What is the meaning of the phrase “Sock it to me?”
- What famous author wrote Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?
- At 5’3″, who was the shortest player to have ever played in the NBA?
- What hurricane made landfall with Portugal and is responsible for at least 15 deaths?
- What hit song from 1994 has lyrics that describe the banality and vaccuousness of pop music by a narrator admitting the song is based on a formula, played over a variation of a time-tested hit, Pachelbel’s Canon?
- Investor, magnate, and businessman Paul Allen passed away recently and is known for co-founding what major tech company?
- What two characters on Sesame Street will have new voices after it’s original voice actor and puppeteer Carol Spinney will be retiring?
- How many unique flavors are there in a box of Fruit Loops?
- Elizabeth Taylor starred in what movie that featured Hollywood’s first million-dollar female starring role?
- In what state is it illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your back pocket?
- “Oh I need the dollars/Beat it up like piñatas/Tell the driver, close the curtains/Bad bitch make him nervous” are lyrics to a song by what rapper?
- What artist’s parents gave them 23 names?
- Which Grammy Award winning pop rock singer-songwriter whose albums include “Room For Squares”, “Battle Studies” and “Paradise Valley” is a big fan of the candy M&Ms and once tweeted “Peanut M&Ms are plain. Plain M&Ms are sensational”?
- What country in Oceania has more languages than any other country?
- What is the name of the meteorological measurement still used today based on the 1979 scientific study titled “The Assessment of Sultriness”?
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast Patreon — Keep the show sponsor-free by supporting the podcast on Patreon!
- SWFL Hackerspace — One of our regular teams is the SWFL Hackerspace…and they’re looking for new members!
- Manet vs. Monet Boxing Poster — Buy a poster of this vintage-style boxing poster created by Lee in 2010
- Richard Nixon says “Sock it to me?” — Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In
- Caramel M&M meme — The meme Marc references during the final question of the second round